It’s Earth Day! Here are a few little things you can teach your kids to help with the environment:
- Use both sides of the paper when they write or color. Explain where paper comes from and why trees are important to the Earth.
- Remind them to turn off electronics such as the TV, computer, and lights when not in use. This good habit saves your bills, too!
- Teach them what items are recyclable and why is recycling important.
- Remind them not to waste water. Kids like to turn the faucet on and keep it running while playing with the water. Doing a short shower instead of a bath also helps – and again saves money!
- Do gardening with your kids! This does not just help them to like veggies more but also helps them appreciate the effort it takes to grow plants.